Vice-President of Regional Sales
Reports to: Vice-President of Sales
Summary of Duties
The Vice-President of Regional Sales is responsible for institutional sales throughout a designated territory. This person must identify good prospects and work with those prospects to obtain a commitment to move some or all of their assets to Trust Company of America. After signing the prospect, the Vice-president of Regional Sales must maintain a relationship with that advisor and facilitate the asset conversion process and subsequent efforts to increase Trust Company’s share of the Advisor’s assets.
- Contacts financial industry prospects and sells them on the benefits of converting some of their assets to Trust Company of America accounts
- Coordinates and leads demonstrations of proprietary software
- Manages the end-to-end sales process
- Negotiates mutually beneficial outcomes
- Manages client relationships by troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Keeps abreast of the financial industry and the competitive landscape
- May represent company at trade shows and conferences
- Tracks expenses and sales
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Vice President, Sales
Must be able to demonstrate the sales skills of asking probing questions, understanding client goals and objectives, business issues and problems. Needs to be able to understand the desired solution and design a solution that meets client requirements and delivers high value that is acknowledged by client. Must be skillful at overcoming objections and influencing others. Must be able to write clear, concise communications that demonstrate consultative selling skills.
Must know the latest trends in the financial industry and be aware of the competitive landscape. Must have expert knowledge of different sales strategies. A Bachelors Degree is required with 5-10 years of sales experience in the financial services field.
Must have been trained in consultative sales processes and be a disciplined user of such processes. Must also have active listening skills, project a credible and professional demeanor, and be able to skillfully negotiate in tough situations. Is able to inspire clients with the “vision” of a solution that will resolve business issues. Must be able to handle rejection.
Travel may be necessary 25-50% of the month.