Software Support Specialist
Trust is truly proud of its well-educated and highly-trained workforce. Continually willing to further their knowledge and expand their skill sets, our employees are dedicated to providing the highest levels of service and support to our clients and each other.
Come join our team, and work for a company that believes in raising the bar and being the best we can be. Trust offers job opportunities in the financial services field, and we are always on the lookout for great talent.
We are located near Centennial Airport on the eastern edge of the Denver Tech Center.
Featuring 300 days of sunshine a year, the metropolitan Denver area draws people from across America. Possessing a vibrant arts scene and multiple high-end shopping districts, as well as easy access to world-class ski areas and astounding year-round recreation and natural beauty, Denver has much to offer.
The city also serves as the home to teams in the four major sports – the Denver Broncos in the NFL, the Colorado Rockies in the MLB, the Denver Nuggets in the NBA, the Colorado Avalanche in the NHL – as well as professional soccer, lacrosse, and Arena Football League teams.
- Our employees receive a comprehensive package of benefits. Some of the highlights include:
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Eight paid holidays and six paid time off days annually
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid long-term and short-term disability insurance
- 401(k) Plan with 25% match
- 125(k) Plan
- Education assistance programs
- Business casual dress
- A fun, hard-working atmosphere!
Position Title: Software Support Specialist
The Software Support Specialist assists with maintaining the Production and Test environments. In a 4-tier environment, the specialist provides tier-3 support to internal and external clients performing TCTrust activities. The specialist will provide training and peer support as needed, and also:
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves trade, application, or system problems that are time sensitive.
- Supports internal and external clients with production issues including assistance due to user limitations; this may include modifying sensitive client data.
- Regularly asked to perform duties of the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in both the Production and Test environments.
- Requires direct contact with Programmers, Database Architects, Product Managers, and System Administrators while troubleshooting production issues.
- Queries databases for specific requested information, providing ad-hoc and/or recurring results of current system data.
- Performs duties of a Database Analyst by ensuring data integrity for Production and Test environments.
- Administers security measures to restrict unauthorized use of Production environment.
Associate degree or equivalent college coursework required, or a minimum 2 year relevant experience in the financial industry including industry business rules, process and procedures. Two years of experience at TCA preferred. Basic knowledge of the software development life cycle and intermediate level knowledge of Excel and Word is required.
Must be able to troubleshoot technical and non-technical issues. Must be able to design and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets and Word documents using advanced functionality. Knowledge of a Query Language is essential; the English Query language is preferred, the Software Query Language (SQL) is accepted.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, often in less than ideal circumstances. Must be able to juggle tasks and priorities. Must be self-motivated to actively move forward learning multiple tactics. Must posses the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks appropriately.
Trust Company of America promotes a drug free working environment
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
Relocation assistance is not provided