Senior Mutual Fund Trading Representative
The Senior Mutual Fund Trading Representative is primarily responsible for daily back office mutual fund trading operations. The Senior Trader performs daily quality control, monitors and effectively provides assistance to a group of Mutual Fund Traders. The Senior Trader will be responsible for training other members of the department, managing daily trade volumes and trade-related workflows as well as supporting related back office processes, and also:
- Performs tasks associated with trading mutual funds including processing client trades, maintaining omnibus share balances, verifying trade details and reconciling trade settlements timely and accurately
- Effectively mitigates trade exposure and losses from trading errors. Processes trade error corrections
- Adheres to operation timeframes and deadlines
- Identifies and escalates operational emergencies or discrepancies to management
- Ensures department procedures are current and in full use by team members
- Provides productive back-up for staff & Lead Trader.
- Compiles productivity metrics, related information and designs custom reports for management as well as conducts department-related research as directed
- Provides trading assistance for Relationship Managers and departments
- Monitors new account establishment
- Scans documents into the imaging system as needed
- Acts as a source of information and provides issues resolutions for team members
- Prepares and stores critical documents
- Acts as Trading Subject Matter Expert (SME) in development projects and performs UAT for trading-related initiatives.
- Performs all duties assigned by management
Must have intermediate level knowledge of the mutual fund industry and custodial processes including omnibus trading, FundSERV, Networking. A high school diploma or the equivalent is required and financial industry licenses are preferred. Must be able to research and reconcile trading accounts. Must have 3 years’ experience in the financial services industry.
Typing of 40-45 wpm, with high accuracy, and 10-key skills preferred. Must be able to do math calculations with percentages and fractions. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally and in written format. Must be computer savvy, able to design an Excel spreadsheet and Word documents using intermediate level functions, and be able to learn new programs quickly. Posseses the ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
This position requires strong analytical skills involving complex and changing information. Candidate must demonstrate superior problem-solving skills to identify root causes and quickly implement reliable solutions. Must be able to negotiate skillfully in tough situations. Must be able to build and maintain rapport with internal and external clients. Must be able to juggle tasks and priorities to meet rapidly changing deadlines. Must have a keen sense of prioritization, organization, and urgency.