Senior Enterprise Engineer
The Senior Enterprise Engineer will provide enterprise-wide Unix System infrastructure support for complex system and interconnected technologies that require day-to-day support and administration in order to maintain optimum performance and utilization of our complex advisor trading system. The Administrator provides support in the following areas: Enterprise AIX Operational Support, AIX server virtualization, DS8000 Enterprise San storage administration, Linux administration, Enterprise application support, software patch administration, data protection administration, and disaster recovery administration, and also:
- Maintains our enterprise IBM P770’s and DS8000’s infrastructure with our datacenters for production, test, and disaster recovery operations.
- Configures/maintains/manages our AIX operating systems regarding in-depth administration of VIO, LPAR, WPAR IBM virtualization technologies.
- Configures/maintains/manages our IBM Enterprise DS8000 storage systems.
- Maintains the infrastructure environment at Trust datacenters during business hours and off-hours; troubleshoots system networking services and protocols: TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, and HTTP.
- Installs, configures, and maintains UNIX server equipment, disk arrays, tape libraries, virtual tape libraries and terminal servers; UNIX routine operation functions; maintains high end UNIX server’s current and new UNIX projects.
- Provides data protection, recovery and business continuity; tests and validates disaster recovery and business continuity methods in UNIX environment.
- Performs routine backup and recovery for data protection and integrity for all virtualized and non-virtualized systems; monitors UNIX infrastructure which consists of complex sets of equipment and system software; provides proactive remediation.
- Performs proactive monitoring for high availability, system data protection, backup and restore, UNIX central authentication, user account management, disk storage management, hardware and OS maintenance, and application maintenance.
- Installs, configures and maintains highly optimized Virtualized AIX UNIX and VMware virtualization technologies and UNIX High Availability environment consisting of different high availability techniques i.e. clustering, load balancing, and cluster file systems.
- Installs, configures, and maintains DB2 and Universe database systems.
- Installs, configures, and maintains Trust application components and provides superior support for application issues by working with architects on break/fix, quick resolution, and prevention for future outages.
- Manages Hardware Management Console (HMC) and Network Installation Manager (NIM)
- Writes and manages script version controlled repository which consists of Korn/Bourne/Perl shell scripts to automate system management and event notification.
- Maintains operational documentation, technical diagrams and business continuity/disaster recovery procedures
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science is required and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. Ten years’ experience providing enterprise systems administration support for large-scale complex trading UNIX environments is preferred with at least 5 years’ experience in AIX systems administration and management and DS8000 storage administration and management. Five years’ experience with strong knowledge of Shell scripting and/or Perl scripting experience preferred. Must have good knowledge of the following: TSM backup systems, DB2 administration and support, Universe administration and support, disaster recovery and business continuity in a UNIX environment. SSL certificates administration and management, Must have an understanding of configuration management and change management best practices.
Must have the ability to support and troubleshoot networking services and protocols: TCP/IP, NIS,DNS,NFS,LDP,FTP,SSH,SMTP, SNMP,SSL, HTTP. Must be able to provide system level application support for DB2 database servers, Java application servers, Websphere, jBOSS or other large-scale web applications and databases on a UNIX environment. Performance tuning and capacity planning experience preferred.
Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem situations. Must have excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to work within strict deadlines and with a wide spectrum of people. Project leader experience is a plus.