Relationship Manager II
Reports to: Manager of New Business Relations
Summary of Duties
The Relationship Manager II performs a critical customer-facing role and is the primary contact for selected clients. The Manager answers client inquiries, processes account transactions and serves as a subject matter expert on the products being serviced by the department. The Manager is responsible for training other department members on policies and procedures and helps management monitor department workflow to ensure that all tasks are completed within the established timeframes.
• Cultivates strong relationships with selected clients
• Resolves client problems
• Performs follow-up on outstanding client issues
• Anticipates and responds to client’s special needs
• Provides client training and orientation for Trust Company processes and systems
• Serves as the department subject matter expert
• Trains new employees in the department
• Prepares client communications/reports
• Processes client requests received in daily mail delivery
• Participates in special projects
Must be able to design basic documents in Word and basic spreadsheets in Excel. Must be able to communicate effectively in English via telephone, written communications and e-mail. Typing of 40-45 wpm and 10-key skills preferred.
A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Must have 3-5 years of client service experience in the financial services industry. An active Series 7, Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree or Masters of Business Administration in a related field will be considered towards the years-of-experience requirement.
Must pay attention to details and maintain an organized workflow. Must be able to juggle tasks and priorities to meet strict deadlines. Must have strong problem-solving skills to identify root causes and implement problem solutions. Must be able communicate well with different levels of the company and work in a team environment.