Quality Assurance Analyst
The Quality Assurance Analyst works with IT and cross-functional business departments to review requirements and application functionality as well as create test plans and test cases. The Analyst executes the test scripts, reporting and tracking software defects and resolutions. The Analyst supports the business during user acceptance and beta testing including responding to questions, training, and reviewing found defects. This person assists in the creation and maintenance of the automated testing scripts, and also:
- Provides support for all systems (i.e. host, TCAdvisor, TCAccess) used to maintain our client applications.
- Participates in project meetings to review requirements and performs research on current processes as needed.
- Plans and prioritizes test scripts to ensure the most critical components of the application are being tested
- Provides reasonable estimate of effort for assigned testing tasks
- Tests new development/defect fixes and coordinates user testing with the business to ensure quality and project requirements are being met
- Reviews system data and product quality to ensure integrity
- Presents identified project defects/potential improvements to project team participants for review
- Assigns the criticality of defects based on QA standards
- Reviews and recommends revisions to client (external/internal) documentation
- Prepares and conducts automated test scripts on the most critical client-facing applications as needed
- Participates in production regression and software update testing during implementation releases as needed
- Ensures the business requirements are properly established in the QA test tool
- Logs defects and works with development to resolve issues
- Identifies possible risks within a project or release, and any conflicts with other concurrent QA work efforts
- Ensures requirements’ traceability
- Participates in disaster recovery testing when needed
A Bachelor’s degree or comparable financial work experience is required along with 2 years’ experience in Quality Assurance and/or 2 years’ experience in brokerage applications. Must have a fundamental knowledge of the software development life cycle. Some experience using automated testing tools is preferred.
Must be able to logically document testing processes, accumulate testing results and publish reports. Must be able to design basic Excel spreadsheets and Word documents. Familiarity with Software Query Language (SQL) and automated testing tools is a plus. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience preferred in creating, customizing, and implementing test cases/scripts within an automated testing tool. Basic level proficiency with API’s-JMS communication preferred.
Must have the ability to communicate the state of a product to stakeholders in order to analyze risk prior to production. Must be able to follow a project schedule and juggle tasks and priorities to meet rapidly changing deadlines when necessary. Must be self-motivated to actively pursue information, learn systems. Must be able to work relatively independently once assignments are given. Must have basic logical aptitude to understand interactions/workings of systems. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment. Must foster company success by projecting a professional appearance, by being courteous to all associates, and by having a positive attitude.