Programmer/Analyst – MultiValue
The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for application program and subsystems analysis, development and maintenance support in an object/service oriented architecture, and also:
- Uses both industry-standards and company’s existing systems architecture, design techniques and development standards and reviews new work with others to ensure it complies with industry and company standards
- Reviews functional requirements and prepares and documents technical program and subsystem designs and solutions
- Documents technical requirements, program and subsystem designs, project task descriptions, effort estimates, and unit and integration tests
- Performs new development, maintenance fixes and enhancements to meet business requirements
- Develops, reviews, refines and documents plans for both automated and manual unit and integration tests and assures unit and integration tests are successfully completed prior to production
- Assists other teams to troubleshoot application issues in production, quality assurance and other environments
Bachelor’s degree (pref. Mathematics or other technical degree) or equivalent experience is required. Also must show evidence of experience or aptitude in analysis, programming and database.
- Database programming with UniVerse MultiValue/BASIC
- Software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to follow development and coding standards
- Relational DB principles using Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Financial services experience
This position requires excellent English skills in verbal and written communications as well as basic skills with Excel spreadsheets and Word documents. Functional knowledge in UNIX/Linux and Microsoft Windows distributed computing is required.
This position requires ability to collaborate with others on technical requirements, designs, implementation, and support. Must juggle tasks and priorities to meet rapidly changing deadlines. Must also work with System Architects to review/approve program and subsystem designs. Must demonstrate strong self-motivation.