Reports to: Director of Product Development
Summary of Duties
The Product Analyst is ultimately responsible for the development and the promotion of a competitive product-line of technology-focused products. This position is involved in every aspect and every stage of bringing a new product to market on time. The Analyst owns the definition and launch stages of the development process and works with the implementation team during the development process to ensure the finished product meets the original requirements.
- Assists in the development of the business plans and product requirements for new products and product-based programs
- Supports the coordination and scheduling of the entire product launch process
- Assists in creating the prototype of new features to aid in creating requirements and design documents
- Creates ROI calculations and tracks ROI after delivery.
- Represents sales and marketing interest during the product development cycle with the design team
- Plays key role in tracking competitive moves, market feedback, and helps determine appropriate positioning and features to sustain competitive advantage in target segments
- Works closely with sales, marketing, customers, IT, and Operations to assure product issues are prioritized and resolved
- Supports the marketing strategy and preparation of promotional materials including presentations, brochures, advertising, and public relations campaigns
- Provides product demonstration and expertise for sales and marketing needs
- Trains sales and service on new products
Must be able to communicate clearly verbally and in written format. Must be able to design an Excel spreadsheet using intermediate functions. Must be able to calculate ROI for a product.
A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; a Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. Must have 3 years’ experience in financial services, preferably in product management with a strong understanding of the institutional RIA marketplace. Must have extensive knowledge of mutual funds, equity and fixed income products.
Must interface with various levels of people including clients, executives, and programmers. Must be able to recognize and determine ROI opportunities. Must be able to coordinate the efforts of a team. This position requires strong analytical skills involving complex information. Must have strong problem-solving skills to identify root causes and implement problem solutions. Must be able to work with limited guidance and supervision.