Manager of New Business Relations
The Manager of New Business Relations manages the day-to-day operations of the Conversion group and the Relationship Manager group, coordinating the conversion of new clients into Trust Company of America. The Manager performs a variety of operations, administrative, financial and leadership responsibilities. The Manager works extensively with management and other staff members throughout the company to resolve issues that would otherwise affect the timely conversion of new accounts and assets to the company. The Manager is responsible for day-to-day supervision of employees and carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, and also:
- Oversees the front-line, day-to-day operations of the Conversions group and Relationship Management group.
- Serves as an advocate and champion for investment advisors and clients and coordinates efforts as necessary among all levels of staff throughout the company to ensure prompt and consistent delivery of excellent customer service and technology
- Ensures that employees have current processing, procedural and training documentation. Implements processes and procedures that confirm training effectiveness and skill proficiency.
- Generates enthusiasm, high morale, and department unity by promoting a positive work environment
- Monitors and controls department expenditures to meet budget objectives and profitability goals. Forecasts expenditures and revenues. Compiles expenditure and revenue data to develop annual budgets
Identifies and implements goals and objectives to provide enhanced quality service. Aids in the development and documentation of business strategies, priorities, and quality standards
- Participates in company projects as needed
- Supervises others through training, directing and measuring work, delegating, managing performance, interviewing, hiring, and resolving problems
A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Must have 5-7 years’ related work experience with 2-3 years’ experience supervising others. Must be able to use financial software and have advanced knowledge of custody of assets, tax reporting and transfers of assets as it relates to retirement and nonretirement accounts. Must understand customer service concepts and techniques.
Must possess excellent written and oral English communication skills and presentation skills. Must be able to design Excel worksheets at the intermediate level and to design merge documents in Word. Must be able to read, comprehend, and act upon various forms of information received from internal and external sources. Must be able to navigate in unfamiliar cities.
Must be able to communicate assertively. Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize activities and time effectively. Must have the ability to work under stress and effectively perform responsibilities under pressure with critical deadlines. Must make sound decisions and work with a variety of personalities. This position requires an individual able to perform effectively with minimal direction. Must demonstrate the ability to accurately analyze situations and solve complex problems quickly. This position requires strong analytical skills involving complex information.
The job is usually in a sedentary office environment, but light physical effort of handling up to 20 pounds may be necessary occasionally. Moderate travel is required 2-3 times a quarter for 2-4 days at a time. The Manager of New Business Relationships must have a valid driver’s license.