Lead Mutual Fund Trading Representative
Reports to: Manager of Trading Services
Summary of Duties
The Lead Mutual Fund Trader is primarily responsible for daily back office mutual fund trading operations: Overseeing and effectively leading a group of Mutual Fund Traders, managing daily trade volumes, trade related workflows and supporting related back office processes.
- Performs tasks associated with trading mutual funds including processing client trades, maintaining omnibus share balances, verifying trade details and reconciling trade settlements timely and properly
- Lead and mentor trading staff in skills, knowledge, and procedures
- Effectively mitigate trade exposure and losses from trading errors. Process trade error corrections
- Adhere to operation timeframes and deadlines
- Identifies and escalates operational emergencies or discrepancies to Trading Manager
- Provides productive back-up for staff. Seen as interdepartmental resource and support
- Assist Trading Manager with performance reviews and staffing recommendations
- Assists in writing scripts for user acceptance testing
- Compiles productivity metrics, related information and designs custom reports for management
- Conducts department related research as directed
- Must be able to write a script to test new programs related to mutual fund trading using proprietary company software
- Scans documents as needed
Typing of 40-45 wpm, with high accuracy, and 10-key skills preferred. Must be able to do math calculations with percentages and fractions. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally and in written format. Must be computer savvy, able to design an Excel spreadsheet and Word documents using intermediate level functions, and be able to learn new programs quickly. Must be able to research and reconcile trading accounts.
Must have expert level knowledge of the mutual fund industry and custodial processes including omnibus trading, FundSERV, Networking, and 22c2 compliance. A high school diploma or the equivalent is required and financial industry licenses are preferred. Must have 5-7 years experience in the financial services industry.
This position requires strong analytical skills involving complex and changing information. Candidate must demonstrate superior problem-solving skills to identify root causes and quickly implement reliable solutions. Must be able to negotiate skillfully in tough situations. Must be able to build and maintain rapport with internal and external clients. Must be able to juggle tasks and priorities to meet rapidly changing deadlines. Must have a keen sense of prioritization, organization, and urgency.