Conversion Technical Specialist
The Conversion Technical Specialist (CTS) performs administrative support duties for advisor clients in support of the Conversion Manager (CM). The CTS helps coordinate the seamless conversion of new RIAs and their accounts to Trust. The CTS processes account transactions and serves as a subject matter expert on Trust Company policies and procedures and selected products and participates in training other department employees. This person works closely with a small group of new clients to ensure all accounts are established accurately and scheduled assets are received at Trust in a timely manner. The CTS troubleshoots and solves any issues that arise in the relationship, working in collaboration with all levels of Trust Company employees, and also:
- Prepares new RIA Welcome Agenda and Conversion Kit
- Cultivates relationships with selected clients and resolves client problems
- Helps coordinate the day-to-day operational functions supporting new business including, but not limited to, setting up allocation models, establishing new investment advisor, representative, and representative firm records on Trust’s host system, populating spreadsheets for new account uploads, populating forms necessary for new account establishment and custodial transfers, processing imaging queue items, equity, ETF and mutual fund trades, coordinating statements and fee calculations and collections.
- Assists with client training and orientation for processes and systems at the client’s office and via teleconference tools. Develops and updates training materials.
- Provides on-going conversion and relationship for investment advisor principals and their staff members
- Serves as an effective advocate for investment advisors and clients as well as coordinates efforts among multiple departments in order to ensure prompt and consistent delivery of excellent customer service and technology
- Investigates, escalates and documents issues that threaten successful and timely conversion efforts
- Assists with demonstrating proprietary software to sales prospects in collaboration with Regional Vice Presidents to sell Trust services to new investment advisors
- Tracks the status of each new client relationship throughout the conversion process
- Serves as the department subject matter expert and participates in special projects as assigned, including User Acceptance Testing
- Builds time-weighted returns (TWR) for statement purposes and troubleshoots TWR problems with the help desk
- Generates performance and status reports for advisors
- Calculates and processes advisor reimbursements
- Analyzes and works with IA’s to resolve outstanding issues (PEND IA) including excess contributions, overdraft/potential overdraft reports, overdue custodial fees, paperwork not in good order and other similar administrative duties involving IA’s on behalf of the assigned CM
- Assesses manual management fees as directed by advisor
- Investigates and resolves RIA’s tax reporting questions
- Overnights statement CDs/Updates Monthly Statement Masters
- Quality checks quarterly statements
- Acts as backup for CM as assigned to ensure sufficient coverage
A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Must have 3 years of client service experience in the financial services industry. Series 6, 63, or 7 licensure preferred. Experience with portfolio management systems and/or CRM systems preferred.
Typing of 40-45 wpm and 10-key skills required. Must be able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel. Must be able to communicate effectively in English via telephone, written communications and e-mail.
Must pay attention to details and maintain an organized workflow. Must be able to juggle tasks and priorities to meet strict deadlines. Must have strong problem-solving skills to identify root causes and implement problem solutions. Must be able to communicate well with different levels of the company and work in a team environment.