The Conversion Manager coordinates the seamless conversion of outside accounts to new client accounts and assets on behalf of Trust Company of America. The Manager works closely with a small group of new clients to ensure all scheduled assets are received at Trust Company of America in a timely manner. This person troubleshoots and solves any issues that arise in conversion, working in collaboration with all levels of Trust Company employees, and also:
- Coordinates all the day-to-day operational functions supporting new business including, but not limited to, setting up allocation models, establishing new investment advisor, representative, and representative firm records on Trust Company’s host system, populating forms necessary for new account establishment and custodial transfers, processing distributions, equity, ETF and mutual fund trades, coordinating statements and fee calculations and collections
- Provides on-going conversion support on a one-to-one basis for investment advisor principals and staff members
- Serves as an effective advocate for investment advisors and clients as well as coordinates efforts among multiple departments in order to ensure prompt and consistent delivery of excellent customer service and technology
- Provides thorough and effective training on site for investment advisors and their staff members in the use of Trust Company proprietary software
- Investigates, escalates and documents issues that threaten successful and timely conversion efforts
- Effectively demonstrates proprietary software (TC Advisor II and TC Access) to sales prospects in collaboration with Regional Vice Presidents to sell Trust Company services to new investment advisors
- Tracks the status of each new client relationship throughout the conversion process
Must have intermediate knowledge of financial services concepts including types of investments and financial strategies. A high school diploma or the equivalent is required along with 3-12 months of specialized training in financial services, client services, or corporate training. A Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is preferred and a Series 6 or 7 license is desirable. Three years’ experience in the financial services industry is required with at least 2 years in customer service.
Must be able to design Excel worksheets at the intermediate level and to design merge documents in Word. Must possess excellent written and oral English communication skills and presentation skills. Must be able to read, comprehend, and act upon various forms of information received from internal and external sources. Must be able to communicate effectively in English via telephone, written communications and e-mail. Must be able to use projection equipment and other demonstration tools. Must be able to navigate in unfamiliar cities.
Must possess excellent time management skills in order to effectively prioritize customer needs and administrative duties. Must pay attention to details and maintain an organized workflow. Must be able to work and contribute effectively with all levels of employees. Must demonstrate a commitment to excellent customer service and must have the ability to persuade others as an effective client advocate. Must be composed and professional under pressure, especially during demonstrations and on-site training.
Trust Company of America promotes a drug free working environment
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
Relocation assistance is not provided